The industry restores confidence in NASH new drug R&D with Madrigal Pharmaceuticals’ submission of a rolling review for Resmetirom in this July and the rise of GLP-1 receptor agonists treatments for NAFLD/NASH, e.g., Semaglutide for NASH at Phase III from Novo Nordisk; Tirzepatide for NASH at Phase II from Eli Lilly; Efinopegdutide for NAFLD at Phase 2a from MSD, etc.
With focus on studying immunology, inflammation and metabolic disease models for more than 15 years, John Liu, Head of Pharmacology, BioDuro-Sundia shares his insights on the industry challenges and how a highly clinically translatable NASH model can help.
Complimentary Download: A New Obesogenic NASH Mouse Model. In this exclusive 13-page NASH Guide you will learn about:
• Prevalence and Progression of NASH
• Multifactorial NASH Pathogenesis – Challenges to Develop Effective Treatments & Animal Models
• Types of Animal Models for NAFLD/NASH
• A New NASH Model Induced with Modified HFD Plus Fructose
• Liver Lesion and Dyslipidemia Manifested in the New NASH Model
• Validation of the New NASH Model with Reference Drugs
• And more…